Every system in your body needs water to function properly. When you drink water throughout the day, you replenish your body from head to toe. Without enough water, your body and its organs struggle to work properly. Remember, when you’re working out or in a hot climate, it is important to drink even more water to stay hydrated.
Here’s the benefits of water intake:
• Keeping your body temperature within a normal range
• Lubricating and cushioning your joints
• Protecting your spine and other tissues
• Helping you eliminate waste through urine, sweat, and bowel movements
• Keeping your skin looking vibrant and healthy
• Helping you manage your weight
Here’s some additional tips for increasing your water intake:
• Drink water with all of your meals
• Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go
• Drink water when you’re thirsty, not soft drinks or juice
• Drink water when you’re dining out to save money and lower your calories
• Add some flair to your water by squeezing in fresh lemon or lime juice
Staying hydrated goes beyond just the water you drink. Keep in mind that foods make up around 20% of your total fluid requirements each day. Along with drinking your 9 to 13 daily cups of water, try to eat lots of fruits and vegetables as well.