I don’t know about you, but I just LOVE to eat! Sometimes the smell of food makes me hungry. Let’s face it, there are many common triggers that lurk around us throughout our day. Instead of losing willpower when you are at your weakest point, create some good habits and prepare your snacks ahead of time.
Here are some common triggers for eating when you are not hungry:
• Opening up the cabinet and seeing your favorite snack food.
• Sitting at home watching television.
• Before or after a stressful meeting or situation at work.
• Coming home after work and there is nothing to cook for dinner.
• Feeling bored or tired and thinking food might provide a pick me up.
• Seeing doughnuts or candy at the morning staff meeting.
• Sitting in the break room beside the vending machine.
• Stuck in a traffic jam on a busy street with lots of fast food restaurants.
• The smell of fresh popcorn or pizza at home or at work.
Remember, healthy habits take time to develop. Don’t be so hard on yourself if you cannot overcome your common triggers at home or at work right away. Always be prepared by having your healthy snack choices readily available and in plain view. Good luck!