Depending on where you live, farmer’s markets and fruit stands are bursting with fresh berries these days. Numerous studies link these summer treasures with a slew of health benefits, including weight loss.
Here are five ways berries can help you lose weight:
• Antioxidants – Berries are potent sources of antioxidants that essentially act like little bodyguards protecting from damage, which can lead to premature aging and disease.
• Blood Sugar Regulation – Strawberries in particular have been shown to reduce blood sugar and insulin levels after meals. This is key for weight control because insulin shuttles excess sugar into fat cells.
• Metabolism Booster – Raspberries have been shown to contain a natural substance called ketones. Raspberry ketones prevent an increase in overall body fat and visceral fat which is the deep internal belly fat considered to be most dangerous due to its relationship to an increased risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes and certain cancers.
• Belly Fat Fighters – Blueberries can assist with weight loss, significantly less belly fat, lower blood fats, lower cholesterol, and improved blood sugar and insulin levels.
• Fiber – Berries are a terrific source of fiber, another key factor in weight control. For every gram of fiber, we eat, we eliminate seven calories. So, consuming the recommended 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily could cancel out nearly 300 calories.
Make sure to grab berries for a healthy snack or add some to your breakfast cereal to help improve immunity, brain boosting, weight control, increased energy, and disease protection.