Did you know that chia seeds are among the healthiest foods to eat on the planet? Chia seeds are tiny black seeds from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is related to the mint. Chia seeds are loaded with nutrients that can help improve the way your body and brain functions.
Here’s some health benefits of eating chia seeds:
• A one-ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contain 11g of fiber, 4g of protein, 9g of fat, 12g of carbs and is 137 calories.
• High in antioxidants that help contribute to aging as well as diseases like cancer.
• High in fiber which helps increase fullness and reduces calorie intake.
• High in protein which helps to reduce appetite and cravings.
• Aid in weight loss due to the high fiber and protein.
• High in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein which improves bone health.
• May help reduce blood sugar levels for most people.
Chia seeds are very easy to add into your diet. Chia seeds can be eaten raw, soaked in juice, added to cereal, vegetables, yogurt, pudding, smoothies or baked goods. If you don’t eat chia seeds already, you should consider adding them to your diet so you can experience the various health benefits.