Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. Studies have found that green tea may help with cancer, heart disease, and diabetes; encourage weight loss; lower cholesterol; and bring about mental alertness. Not only does drinking green tea offer us great health benefits, but it is a great alternative to coffee drinking because it has less caffeine.
Some of the health benefits of green tea are as follows:
• Improved brain function - More stable energy and being much more productive
• Fat loss – Boost the metabolic rate and increase fat burning in the short term which makes sense that it could help you lose weight
• A lower risk of cancer – Has powerful antioxidants that may protect against cancer or lower your risk against cancer
• Lower risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s – The bioactive compounds in green tea can have various protective effects on the brain which may reduce the risk of both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
• Lower risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Some controlled trials show that green tea can cause mild reductions in blood sugar levels and it may also lower the risk of developing type 2 diabetes
• May reduce risk of cardiovascular disease – Green tea has been shown to lower total and LDL (bad) cholesterol which gives them a lower risk of cardiovascular disease
• May help you live longer – Since green tea drinkers are at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it only makes sense that it could help you live longer
Well, I hope you will consider adding green tea to your daily diet based on the various health benefits listed in this article.