Olive oil is the natural oil extracted from olives, the fruit of the olive tree. According to many health experts, olive oil, especially extra virgin, is good for you. In addition, moderate intake of olive oil may even assist weight loss efforts and reduce inflammation.
Here’s some other health benefits of olive oil:
• Rich in healthy monounsaturated fats
• Contains large amounts of antioxidants
• Has strong anti-Inflammatory properties
• Help lower the risk of strokes
• Protective against heart disease
• Combined with a Mediterranean diet can reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes
• Help reduce joint pain and swelling from arthritis
Remember, make sure to choose quality extra virgin olive oil to receive the most health benefits. Replace unhealthy oils with extra virgin oil when cooking as well. Due to its powerful antioxidants, it benefits your heart, brain and joints.