When people decide to lose weight, they expect the weight to just fall off easily. Unfortunately, that is just not the case. Then, people turn to various diets, such as the very low calorie diet to lose weight quickly but have no idea the negative impact the diets may have on their overall health and well-being.
Here are some health concerns related to very low calorie diets:
• Only safe under medical supervision
• Difficult to adhere to in the long-term
• Your body burns fewer calories throughout the day forcing your body into starvation mode causing your metabolism to decrease
• Cause negative side effects, such as fatigue, nausea, constipation, and nutrient deficiencies
• You regain the weight you lost when you start eating your regular diet
Before making any extreme diet changes, refer back to this article and think about these possible health concerns. Then, make an appointment with your doctor. Weight loss is great, but your overall health and well-being comes first.