While most parents may find it difficult to get their children to eat nutritious and healthy foods, it is just as difficult to find healthy drink options. Let’s face it, most children always have a sweet tooth and immediately reach for sugary drinks. However, it is our job as parents to help them choose healthier options to help balance their overall health.
Here’s some healthy drink options for your children to consider:
• Option 1 – Water – Drinking water is linked to healthy body weight, reduced risk of dental cavities, and improved brain function in children.
• Option 2 – Naturally Flavored Water – Infuse water with fresh fruit, such as pineapple, watermelon, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, oranges, etc.
• Option 3 – Coconut Water – Coconut water provides a good amount of several nutrients, including vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium.
• Option 4 – Homemade Smoothies – Homemade smoothies includes fruits and vegetables, such as kale, pineapple, spinach, blueberries, peach, cauliflower, strawberries, and beets.
• Option 5 – Unsweetened Milk – Unsweetened milk provides a number of nutrients that growing children need.
On the other hand, frequent consumption of sweetened beverages, such as soda, sports drinks, sweetened milk, sweet teas, and juice may lead to health conditions like obesity, diabetes, and dental cavities in children. As you can see, it’s important for children to have healthy drink options in their diets. Remember, your child may not want to swap their favorite sweetened beverage for a healthier option, but parents know what’s best for them. Rest assured that you’re doing the right thing for your child’s overall health.