What is your favorite healthy late night snack? Despite your great meal planning efforts, it is always challenging to figure out what you should snack on late at night that is not only tasty, but also healthy for you.
Here’s some healthy late night snacks to consider:
• Tart cherries are tasty, will satisfy your hunger and help you sleep better (1/3 cup = 140 calories)
• Banana dipped in almond butter increases melatonin and supports a good night’s sleep (165 calories)
• Kiwis are a light, but satisfying snack that’s rich in vitamin C (2 peeled kiwis = 93 calories)
• Protein smoothies helps muscle repair and help slow down age-related muscle loss (8 ounces = 160 calories)
• Hot whole-grain cereals like oatmeal are a great source of fiber. (3/4 cup = 124 calories)
• Plain nonfat yogurt is an excellent source of calcium and helps keep your bones strong. Don’t be afraid to add some fresh fruit or granola (6 ounces = 94 calories)
So, the next time you are hungry late at night, reach for one of these healthy late night snacks to satisfy your hunger. If you keep these healthier options in your kitchen, then you will not be tempted to hit the nearest fast-food restaurant for an unhealthy, high calorie meal before bed.