Don’t wait until the new year to start working toward your new healthy lifestyle and setting weight loss goals. Honestly, it takes time to break bad eating habits and replace them with new healthy habits. Changing your diet to help you lose weight takes focus and a commitment from within.
To begin with, it is important to take a moment to write your goals down. Then, write down a specific plan to reach your goals. Don’t neglect your diet throughout the process. Choose a well-balanced diet and eat plenty of fruits and veggies. Be sure to drink plenty of water too. Don’t buy information the trendy diet or workout fads. Consistency and hard work are what will help you achieve your goals for the long-term. Be patient, it’s not going to happen over-night. Finally, find someone you trust to hold you accountable.
Setting Weight Loss Goals
• Specific – Well defined so that anyone can understand the goal
• Measurable – Needs to have parameters in order to know if the goal was achieved
• Attainable – Must be a realistic goal that challenges you
• Realistic – Make sure the goal is consistent with your other goals and will aid you in achieving your long-term goal
• Tangible – Create a time frame for when you want to accomplish your goal
Make your new goals a priority in your life. Remember, choosing a healthy lifestyle and creating weight loss goals is a personal journey. Well, here’s to a wonderful and healthy year ahead.