Sometimes the most challenging part of losing weight isn’t the time spent shedding the pounds, but it’s sticking with the exercise and nutrition plan that got results in the first place for months, and even years, after the initial weight loss occurred.
Here are some tips for maintaining weight loss:
• Tip 1: Start your day with a workout. Getting your workout in bright and early is key to keeping weight off.
• Tip 2: Maintain a food journal. Writing down your food choices can help you understand what you like to eat, how often you snack, and if something is missing in the diet such as not enough fruits or veggies.
• Tip 3: Do not skip meals but plan them ahead of time. Skipping meals leads to overeating so plan your meals the night before.
• Tip 4: To ensure you follow through with your plan, prep your meals in advance so you can always have healthy items with you throughout your day.
• Tip 5: Eat breakfast every day. You should eat a quality breakfast to include proteins, fats, and carbs within 30 minutes of waking up.
• Tip 6: Choose exercises with maximum benefits. You should include exercises with big movements, such as dead lifts, squats, lunges, overhead presses, pushups, burpees, and planks into your workout routine because of how much they require muscles to work.
• Tip 7: Be aware of liquid calories. To keep weight off, avoid “drinking” your calories.
In order to maintain your weight loss, it is important to be consistent. Find a healthy diet and exercise program that works for you throughout your healthy journey.