There are various nutritional facts associated with unprocessed white foods. In fact, carbohydrates are essential for our overall health and are the preferred form of fuel for our bodies. The difference between refined white foods and unprocessed white foods are processing and fiber. Finally, unprocessed “good carbs” are higher in volume and tend to be more filling than refined ones.
Here are a few unprocessed white foods that you can choose in your daily diet:
• Cauliflower – Anti-Inflammatory nutrients, Vitamin C, and Fiber per 1/2 cup
• Mushrooms – Immune-Boosting Antioxidant per 1/2 cup
• Onions – Vitamin C and Fiber per 1/2 cup
• Turnips – Vitamin C, Fiber 50 calories per 1/2 cup
• Legumes – 7g of Plant-based Protein and 9g of Fiber per 1/2 cup
• Potatoes – Vitamin C per 1/2 cup
• Greek Yogurt – 20g of Protein per 2/3 cup
Remember, when you select any diet to follow, moderation is key. Simply put, we cannot live without unprocessed white foods, but we would be healthier if we got most of our carbohydrates from “smart carbs” like fruits, vegetables, legumes, low-fat dairy, and whole grains so choose wisely!
#Unprocessed White Foods
Copyright 2012,2013,2014 On Topic Media PTY LTD. ABN 18113479226.