There are so many reasons why walking is excellent exercise for weight loss. Walking is also a brilliant way to de-stress and can lower your blood pressure. Once you get going and build your pace you can easily burn an additional 1,000 calories in a week.
Here are some other great health benefits when you choose walking for weight loss:
• It burns calories
• It helps to boost your metabolism
• It helps to reduce body fat
• It boosts your energy levels
• It improves your circulation
• It helps to prevent and control diabetes
• It helps you to manage stress and release tension
• It helps to strengthen the immune system
• It can help towards maintaining a healthy weight
• It promotes positive mental health, including higher levels of self-esteem
• It helps to improve the ability to fall asleep quickly and sleep well
Walking can be done almost everywhere and is a great exercise with very real health benefits. Walking is low impact and low intensity, making it an easy and accessible way for people of all ages and fitness levels to get some exercise.