There are many reasons why people overeat and become overweight. One of the main reasons is people consume too many calories within their daily diet and choose to exercise less often. Studies have shown that people who consume sugary drinks and food are much more likely to gain weight than people who don’t. Let’s face it, certain foods are definitely more problematic than others.
Here’s a list of some foods that are fattening and high in calories:
• Soda – Adds no essential nutrients to your diet, just empty calories.
• Sugar-Sweetened Coffee – Added sugar and syrup increase your calories and are unhealthy.
• Fruit Juice – Added sugar increase calories and are unhealthy. Whole fruit is a healthier option.
• Ice Cream – Most ice cream is high in sugar (15 grams or more) so choose wisely.
• Restaurant-Style Pizza – Pizza can contain high amounts of fat, refined carbs, salt, and calories.
• Cookies and Doughnuts – Very high in calories and sugar so consume small portions.
• French Fries and Potato Chips – Very high in added fats, refined carbs, and salt.
• Processed Foods – Very high in fat, added sugar and salt.
It’s important to recognize that weight gain is contributed to most people eating more calories than they burn with exercise or daily activities. In addition, we should make it a point to reduce the amount of processed foods in our daily diet which can improve the quality of our overall diet and help prevent weight gain.