Let’s face it, weight loss setbacks will occur throughout your weight loss journey. It is important for you to have a game plan in place so you can recover from weight loss setbacks quickly.
Here’s some suggestions that you can try:
1. Examine where you slipped. Ask yourself, “How can I prevent this from happening again?” When you put your energy into examining where the slip occurred, you can take steps to cleaning up that area of your life. Accept your mistakes and commit to never giving up on yourself. Then, you will be able to overcome your challenges and succeed with your weight loss.
2. Create a “slip-prevention plan. After finding out where you slipped, then make a plan for dealing with it using simple, doable steps, not only will you be able to recover from the mistake, but you will be victorious if faced with that situation again.
3. Become accountable. It’s important to have a means to keep yourself accountable for following through on your “slip-prevention” plan. Confess your slip to a supportive, compassionate friend, or family member and tell them what you are doing to recover from the slip. In addition, keep a written journal so that you can write down your progress in handling the slip.
4. Confess your victory every morning. Find a positive/inspirational/motivational quote to recite every morning until it is hidden in your heart and you believe it in your soul.
5. Continually renew your mind to support your victorious attitude. Bad days or negative thoughts will occur but be prepared to replace them with positive thoughts instead.
Weight loss is a challenge for most people, but it is important to plan ahead for success. So, the next time you experience a temporary setback, try to push harder than yesterday so you will have a better tomorrow. Good luck!