Whey protein powder is a functional food that can help regulate body weight, increase muscle mass and provide a number of health and well-being benefits. Whey protein powder also contains a number of antioxidant substances that give it potential to prevent disease and promote overall health. Unfortunately, there are also a number of side effects if one has low protein as well.
Here are some of the whey protein powder health benefits:
• More Muscle – its ability to increase muscle mass when combined with resistance training.
• Weight Control and Fat Loss – High-protein diets are often effective in managing body weight and protecting lean muscle tissue.
• Protect Your Cells – To protect against cardiovascular disease and cancer through its antioxidant-promoting properties.
• Exercise Success – Proven successful in the area of exercise performance enhancement.
• Provides Energy – Repair and replenish the body; Regulate hormones and enzymes; Heal wounds and promote immune function.
On the other hand, here are some major side effects if one has low protein:
• Swelling and Edema
• Skin and Nail Alterations
• Hair Loss
• Fatigued and Weakness
• Loss of Appetite
Many of the benefits of whey protein are directly related to its complete amino acid profile, which makes it a high-quality, easily digestible protein source. So as you can see, it is more important to have a high-protein diet.